Mary Meeker, Managing Director at Morgan Stanley, goes through a whirlwind 30 minute presentation about the future of the Mobile Internet. Must see if you work with Mobile devices.
- The mobile internet will approach 10 billion devices.
- Total iTouch users is almost on par with iPhone users.
- Mobile is ramping faster than the desktop internet… and will be faster than most people think.
- 5 Huge Trends are converging: 3G, Social Networking, Video, VoIP, & Impressive Mobile Devices
- Apple is leading in mobile innovation, for now. The depth of app ecosystems, user experience, and pricing will determine long-term winner.
- Game-Changing communication / commerce platforms are emerging rapidly. (Social Network & Location-Free)
- Massive Data Growth is driving carrier / equipment transitions.
- Growth / Monetization roadmaps can be pulled from Japan’s Mobile Internet and the Desktop Internet.