Mary Meeker, Managing Director at Morgan Stanley, goes through a whirlwind 30 minute presentation about the future of the Mobile Internet. Must see if you work with Mobile devices.
– The mobile internet will approach 10 billion devices.
– Total iTouch users is almost on par with iPhone users.
– Mobile is ramping faster than the desktop internet… and will be faster than most people think.
– 5 Huge Trends are converging: 3G, Social Networking, Video, VoIP, & Impressive Mobile Devices
– Apple is leading in mobile innovation, for now. The depth of app ecosystems, user experience, and pricing will determine long-term winner.
– Game-Changing communication / commerce platforms are emerging rapidly. (Social Network & Location-Free)
– Massive Data Growth is driving carrier / equipment transitions.
– Growth / Monetization roadmaps can be pulled from Japan’s Mobile Internet and the Desktop Internet.